DIGITAL INDIA AWARDS 2017
These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to and govern the Awards and awards “Digital India Awards 2017” organized and conducted by Bennett Coleman & Company Limited (BCCL)
By accessing this site ‘www.digitalindiasummit.co’ and participating in the Awards, you (You, Your, User) agree to have read, understood and to be bound by these Terms. BCCL reserves the right to modify these Terms without any prior notice. You are advised to regularly view and access these Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, you must not use this site/service or participate in the Awards. BCCL shall mean and include its affiliates, group companies, Awards partners, Awards sponsors, knowledge partners, process partners, its agents, representatives, its employees, officers, directors.
|Awards||Digital India Awards 2017 (‘Award’)|
|Awards Management||Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited through its Television Division- Times Television Network (‘BCCL’)|
|Participant||Any institution, entity, company or enterprise that submits their respective Entry to participate in the Awards as per these Terms, or is selected/nominated by the Jury or the Awards Management.|
|Jury||An independent panel of people appointed/engaged by Awards Management to shortlist and select Winners in each Category.|
Digital India Awards will recognize & honor businesses and organizations that are harnessing power of ICT and digital tools to transform business processes, improve delivery of public services and create a positive impact on society.
|Good for India||To recognize the initiatives taken by stakeholders towards the accomplishment of the Digital India Dream. This includes initiatives which have the potential to bring in a technology based transformation and revolution to the country. This consists of the following categories mentioned below:|
|Sr. No||Award Category||Definition|
|1||Smart City solutions||Initiatives undertaken towards development of the city by providing core infrastructure and a decent quality of life to its citizens. ‘Smart Solutions’ to provide a sustainable environment and drive economic growth (water management, waste management, urban mobility, energy management etc.)|
|2||E-governance solutions||Initiatives in the area of E-governance through the effective use of information, communication and technology. To ensure that there is a single window access to all persons by seamlessly integrating services, to be digitally transformed for improving ease of doing business|
|3||E-education learning solutions||Initiatives where innovative and sustainable technologies have been developed to improve content, design, delivery and assessment of academic learning|
|4||E-healthcare delivery solutions||Initiatives where innovative and sustainable technologies have been developed to make healthcare facilities easily accessible at reasonable prices to the rural masses|
|5||Skills & employment solutions||Initiatives aimed at skilling unemployed and underemployed youth to bridge the skill gap and make them job-ready. Disruptive and scalable technology solutions and innovative tools that can support the skill training sector|
|6||Energy solutions||Initiatives where in technologies are developed focusing on renewable energy, energy storage devices, advanced propulsion systems or electric/hybrid transport.|
|7||Environment solutions||Initiatives aimed at sustainable and smart technologies used for conservation and betterment of the environment|
|8||Agricultural Solutions||Initiatives undertaken to develop pioneering and practical technologies aiming to enhance agribusiness|
|Good for Organizations||To recognize organizations that have taken the first move towards Digital India by successfully using Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) in integrating people, processes and data to achieve business transformation and growth. This consists of the following categories mentioned below:|
|Sr. No||Award Category||Definition|
|1||Digital Enterprise – Manufacturing||Organizations which have integrated people, processes and data to become future ready for Digital India. They have leveraged the convergence of ICT like networks, mobility, analytics, cloud, security and evolved with improved operations, productivity, business success and profitability.
Who can apply: Organizations engaged in manufacturing end use products – Textile, apparels & accessories, FMCG & consumer durables, Chemicals and petrochemicals, Food & Agri products, Home décor & handicrafts, Auto components, Engineering products, Electricals and electronics etc.
|2||Digital Enterprise Services||Organizations which have integrated people, processes and data to become future ready for Digital India. They have leveraged the convergence of ICT like networks, mobility, analytics, cloud, security and evolved with improved operations, productivity, business success and profitability.
Who can apply: Organizations engaged in services – Transport & logistics, IT / ITES, Travel & hospitality, Healthcare biotech services, Finance, Banking & allied services
|3||Digital Start-up Innovators||Start-ups or new age entrepreneurs who have achieved business success by building their ideas with the innovative use of ICT.
Who can apply: Organizations which have been incorporated/registered on or after January 1, 2013
|4||Digital Social Innovation||Organizations which are now adopting to provide affordable, scalable and disruptive ICT led solutions to address social issues faced by India.
Who can apply: Organizations that have undertaken social technology innovation
- The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards Management based on the number of entries received in each category, and the quality of the entries
- In the event that there are no Participants in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion by the Screening Jury or Final Jury, the Award category may be cancelled. The Jury may decide to add nominees in the category to maintain high standards of participation. The decision of the Jury in this regard will be final and non-Awardable. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard
Eligibility Criteria for the Awards:
- Organization must be India registered sole proprietorship, partnership, public company, private company, HUF or trust MSMEs having at least 2 complete years of operations in India as on December 31, 2016
- Participant should be Indian registered entities or foreign entities with a registered presence in India. The entry must pertain to the Indian operations of the Participating organization
- An Organization cannot participate on behalf of its sister units; parent organization or other organizations under the parent organization
- All the interested Participants would be required to submit the application form and upload the supporting documents on the Digital India Awards website.
- Award management and its affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies are not allowed to participate in the Awards. Employees and immediate family members of sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate in the Awards
- The Initiative should showcase the impact between January 1st 2016 to December 31st 2016
- The Initiative should have been completed/Implemented and it should not be in planning or conceptualizing phase
- The initiative should have been completed and executed in the Indian operations of the participant
- The Applicant should not be a winner of the Award in any of the previous years for the same initiative/innovation
- The final eligibility of the participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of the awards Management and the jury
- The Jury may modify the eligibility criteria from time to time with retrospective effect
- The Jury holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Good for Organization:
- The Project/ Initiative can be a product / service / project / process / procedure / methodology etc.
- The Project/ Initiative should be an innovative development / implementation or adaptation of technology which has helped in steering business success The project / initiative should have a measurable impact on the business excellence
- For “Digital Start-up Innovators” Category – Only organizations which have been incorporated/registered on or after January 01, 2013 are eligible to apply
- The recipient of the Award will be the Participant who has applied for the Award
Good for India:
- The Project/ Initiative can be a product / service / project / process / procedure / methodology etc.
- The Project/ Initiative should be an innovative development, implementation or adaptation of technology which has achieved sustainable impact on India’s dream towards Digitalization. The product / initiative should exhibit measurable impact towards Digital India
- The recipient of the award will be the Participant who has applied for the Award
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
- Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes or public voting on account of any factors beyond its control.
Call for Entries & Participation
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries
- If, multiple partners apply for the same initiative/product/service, then they should agree amongst themselves who would be the rightful owner of the initiative/product/service. The Award’s management or any of its partners will not be involved in deciding the same.
- A participant can apply for the Awards by logging on to the website www.digitalindiasummit.co and filling the completed application form along with the supporting documents directly on the website
- Each Category has a prescribed set of documents to be submitted as proof. You are required to attach the prescribed set of documents (in soft & hard copy) pertaining to the period as mentioned in the Application form.
- Please provide supporting documents wherever possible, to support your entry details. Supporting documents may include screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demos etc.
- The supporting documents should be submitted, along with the application form as attachments on the website
- Materials/documents received shall not be returned to the Participant.
- All mandatory questions must be answered. Incomplete forms may not be considered.
- Please maintain one copy of the completed form with you for your records.
- The declaration form must be signed and stamped in the required place by the Chief Technology Officer or equivalent personnel of the participating organization.
- All Applications/ Nominations must be accompanied by the name of the person(s) who will be accepting the award if the Participant/nominee is chosen as the Winner.
- Awards Management will not be responsible for any Application/entries, nominations that are lost in transit or due to lapse in any communication on account of internet failure.
- Entries will be accepted in English language only
- A participating organization can send entries in more than one award category or apply multiple times in the same category provided it is for a separate innovation /project / initiative. A separate form should be used for each application entry. One form or same information cannot be used for multiple projects / initiatives. However, if multiple forms are filled for the same initiative are filled then only the one form will be considered for the evaluation of the Awards and this will be at the discretion of the Jury and/or Awards Management.
- In case if Participant fails to submit the proof of registration in the country, they may be disqualified from participation.
- The Jury has the right to reclassify application forms from one category to another or reject and application form, at its discretion. This is not contestable in any manner.
Receipt of Entries
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the rules and regulations stated herein
- Last date for receiving completed application forms online submission is 1700 hrs. on March 14, 2017
- Receipt of application forms after last date of receipt specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management
- Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged / lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein
Completeness of Entries/ Disqualification
- All mandatory fields of the application form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Entries will be accepted in English language only.
- Up to 3 supporting documents such as photos, videos, screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demo and other material can be submitted for each entry on a non-returnable basis.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case by case basis.
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Participants will become part of the original application.
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within 3 working days from the date the request is made, the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards
- Information provided by the Participant will be confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry to these Awards.
- Awards Management or team appointed by Awards Management will try to contact the Participant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate.
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation.
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Awards Management to use the data gathered during and/or the Awards in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of BCCL and BCCL shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without BCCL’s brand.
- Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Awards. Further, Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Awards.
Validity and Correctness of Information
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of any of the Award ceremonies, any information provided by any Participant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award. Awards Management may also take penal action against the Participant for providing false information to participate in the Awards
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Awards Management.
- Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Awards and agree to the Terms and that Participant is competent (i.e. Participant are of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on Participant.
- Participant understands and agrees that merely participating in these Awards does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration.
- Participant warrants and represents to the Awards Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or the partners of Awards Management including Awards Management for consideration for the Awards are solely owned by the Awards Management and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights).
- Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify the BCCL entities (in India or abroad), and the Awards Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- Participant must enter the Awards at their own will and the Awards Management are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Awards or any event prior to or following the Awards.
- Participants for the purpose of entering the Awards, automatically grants BCCL a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Awards, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Awards and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the BCCL website in any display format selected by BCCL during the Awards or use by BCCL as it deems fit.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the T&C of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- Should a Participant wish to withdraw from the Awards, kindly inform Awards Management in writing at any time up to one week prior to the final awards ceremony
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at New Delhi, India.
- The Participants indemnify BCCL, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Awards and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Awards, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse BCCL for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. BCCL shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- In the event these Terms do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Awards Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Awards Management and deemed necessary.
- The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for BCCL to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with BCCL.
- The decision of BCCL in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
- The website is only an informational website www.digitalindiasummit.co for the Awards. BCCL or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. BCCL shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the BCCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards.
- If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Awards, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address:
- The shortlisted finalists will be contacted by Awards Management on best effort basis
- The finalists would be required to present their case studies to the Final Jury who will determine the final winners by giving scores
- Participants will be notified on contact details mentioned on the application form only, by the Awards Management on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate.
- Awards management will not be responsible if the notifications are lost in transit / received late by the Participant / damaged or any other reason
- Only CTOs / Senior Management of shortlisted organizations can make the presentation in front of the Final Jury. The cost of travel incurred by Participants, if any, would need to be borne by the Participant.
- Participant may be contacted for any additional information and field visit(s) may be undertaken to verify the information provided.
- BCCL will use reasonable efforts to keep confidential the Information provided by the Participant and shall use it for the purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry for the Awards and such other purpose mentioned herein below.
- In case an Award is unclaimed by the winner due to any reason the same will result in forfeiture of the Award by such Winner and BCCL shall not entertain any claims in this regard thereafter.
- Award is not transferable or assignable and shall not be assigned to any other person. There is no cash substitution, cash redemption or cash value in lieu of the respective Award.
- BCCL gives no warranty and shall not be liable for the quality, warranty or replacement of the Award. All taxes, levies and charges relating to the Awards, if any will be borne by the Winners.
The website is only an informational website www.digitalindiasummit.co (the “Website”) for the Awards. Bennett Group or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. BCCL shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the BCCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards.
BCCL shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration or uploading videos/presentations;
- any SPAM generated messages as result of Participant accessing the Website;
- Awards Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
Awards Management has no obligation to screen the entry material in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an entry from consideration. The Awards Management has no liability or responsibility to Participants or other users of the Website for performance or non- performance of such activities.