These terms and conditions (Terms) apply to and govern the Awards and awards “Digital India Awards 2017” organized and conducted by Bennett Coleman & Company Limited (BCCL).
By accessing this site ‘www.digitalindiasummit.co’ and participating in the Awards, you (You, Your, User) agree to have read, understood and to be bound by these Terms. BCCL reserves the right to modify these Terms without any prior notice. You are advised to regularly view and access these Terms. If you do not agree with any of the Terms and any amendments thereto, you must not use this site/service or participate in the Awards. BCCL shall mean and include its affiliates, group companies, Awards partners, Awards sponsors, knowledge partners, process partners, its agents, representatives, its employees, officers, directors.
|Awards||Digital India Awards 4.0 (DIS 4.0)|
|Awards Management||Organizers of the awards, Bennett, Coleman & Company Limited through its Television Division – Times Television Network (‘BCCL’)|
|Participant||Any institution, entity, company or enterprise that submits their respective Entry to participate in the Awards as per these Terms, or is selected / nominated by the Jury or the Awards Management.|
|Jury||An independent panel of people appointed / engaged by Awards Management to shortlist and select Winners in each Category.|
|Winner||Any participant selected by the Jury as per pre-determine evaluation parameters.|
Digital India Awards will recognize & honor businesses and organizations that are harnessing power of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) and digital tools to transform business processes, improve delivery of public services and create a positive impact on society.
Award categories as defined by the Terms are as follows:
Following categories will be open for call for entry process, and participants have to submit complete and valid application form to participate.
|Good for India||To recognize the initiatives taken by stakeholders towards the accomplishment of the Digital India Dream. This includes initiatives which have the potential to bring in a technology based transformation and revolution to the country. This consists of the following categories mentioned below:|
|Sr. No||Award Category||Definition|
|1.||Smart City solutions||Initiatives undertaken towards development of the city by providing core infrastructure and a decent quality of life to its citizens. ‘Smart Solutions’ to provide a sustainable environment and drive economic growth (water management, waste management, urban mobility, energy management etc.).|
|2.||E-governance solutions||Initiatives in the area of E-governance through the effective use of information, communication and technology. To ensure that there is a single window access to all persons by seamlessly integrating services, to be digitally transformed for improving ease of doing business.|
|3.||E-education learning solutions||Initiatives where innovative and sustainable technologies have been developed to improve content, design, delivery and assessment of academic learning.|
|4.||E-healthcare delivery solutions||Initiatives where innovative and sustainable technologies have been developed to make healthcare facilities easily accessible at reasonable prices to the rural masses.|
|5.||Skills & employment solutions||Initiatives aimed at skilling unemployed and underemployed youth to bridge the skill gap and make them job-ready. Disruptive and scalable technology solutions and innovative tools that can support the skill training sector.|
|6.||Energy solutions||Initiatives wherein technologies are developed focusing on renewable energy, energy storage devices, advanced propulsion systems or electric/hybrid transport.|
|7.||Environment solutions||Initiatives aimed at sustainable and smart technologies used for conservation and betterment of the environment.|
|8.||Agricultural Sector Solutions||Initiatives undertaken to develop pioneering and practical technologies aiming to enhance agribusiness.|
|Good for Organizations||To recognize organizations that have taken the first move towards Digital India by successfully using ICT and digital tools in integrating people, processes and data to achieve business transformation and growth. This consists of the following categories mentioned below:|
|Sr. No||Award Category||Definition|
|9.||Digital Enterprise – Manufacturing||Organizations which have integrated people, processes and data to become future ready for Digital India. They have leveraged the convergence of ICT like networks, mobility, analytics, cloud, security and evolved with improved operations, productivity, business success and profitability.
Who can apply: Organizations engaged in manufacturing end use products – Textile, apparels & accessories, FMCG & consumer durables, Chemicals and petrochemicals, Food & Agri products, Home décor & handicrafts, Auto components, Engineering products, Electricals and electronics etc.
|10.||Digital Enterprise Services||Organizations which have integrated people, processes and data to become future ready for Digital India. They have leveraged the convergence of ICT like networks, mobility, analytics, cloud, security and evolved with improved operations, productivity, business success and profitability.
Who can apply: Organizations engaged in services – Transport & logistics, IT / ITES, Travel & hospitality, Healthcare biotech services, Finance, Banking & allied services
|11.||Digital Start-up Innovators||Start-ups or new age entrepreneurs who have achieved business success by building their ideas with the innovative use of ICT.
Who can apply: Organizations which have been incorporated/registered on or after January 1, 2014
|12.||Digital Social Innovation||Organizations which are now adopting to provide affordable, scalable and disruptive ICT led solutions to address social issues faced by India.
Who can apply: Organizations that have undertaken social technology innovation
The Award categories may be changed / modified / split / merged / increased or cancelled by the Awards Management based on the number of entries received in each category, and the quality of the entries
- In the event that there are no Participants in a category are found to be worthy of inclusion by Final Jury, the Award category may be cancelled. The Jury may decide to add nominees in the category to maintain high standards of participation. The decision of the Jury in this regard will be final. The Awards management will not entertain any queries in this regard.
Eligibility Criteria for the Awards
- Organization must be India registered sole proprietorship, partnership, public company, private company, HUF or trust MSMEs having at least 2 complete years of operations in India as on September 30, 2017.
- Participant should be Indian registered entities or foreign entities with a registered presence in India. The entry must pertain to the Indian operations of the Participating organization
- All the interested Participants would be required to submit the application form and upload the supporting documents on the Digital India Awards website.
- BCCL and its affiliates, subsidiaries and group companies are not allowed to participate in the Awards. Employees and immediate family members of the award management, sponsors and partners of the awards are not allowed to participate in the Awards
- The final eligibility of Participants will be subject to the discretion and approval of the Awards Management and/or the Jury
- A participating organization can send entries in more than one award category or apply more than once in the same category provided it is for a separate project. Each project would need a separate application form to be filled. One form cannot be used for multiple projects
- Winners of previous editions are not eligible to apply for the same initiative
- The initiative nominated/ applied must be developed within the participating Organization. An Organization cannot participate on behalf of its sister units; parent organization or other organizations under the parent organization
- The final eligibility of the Participant will be subject to the discretion and approval of the Awards Management and Jury.
- The Jury may modify the eligibility criteria from time to time with retrospective effect
- The Jury holds the right to disqualify any application which does not meet the eligibility criteria without assigning any reason whatsoever.
Good for India:
- The Project/ Initiative can be a product / service / project / process / procedure / methodology etc.
- The Project/ Initiative should be an innovative development, implementation or adaptation of technology which has achieved sustainable impact on India’s dream towards Digitalization. The product / initiative should exhibit measurable impact towards Digital India
- The Project/Initiative should have been implemented between December 1, 2016 and September 30, 2017. The recipient of the award will be the Participant who has applied for the Award.
Good for Organization:
- The Project/ Initiative can be a product / service / project / process / procedure / methodology etc.
- The Project/ Initiative should be an innovative development / implementation or adaptation of technology which has helped in steering business success. The project / initiative should have a measurable impact on the business excellence
- The Project/Initiative should have been implemented between December 1, 2016 to September 30, 2017
- For “Digital Start-up Innovators” Category – Only organizations which have been incorporated/registered on or after January 01, 2014 are eligible to apply
- The recipient of the Award will be the participant who has applied for the Award.
- Efforts will be made to adhere to the defined timelines. However, the defined timelines are subject to change based on circumstances.
- Awards Management and its sub-contractors shall not be held accountable / liable for any disruptions / stoppages / interruptions or cancellation of the Awards or its ceremony or any part of its processes on account of any factors beyond its control.
Call for entries
- The call for entries for the Awards will be announced in one or more media platforms and / or by direct communication with potential Participants, and that shall be construed to be adequate notice for call for entries
- If, multiple partners apply for the same initiative/product/service, then they should agree amongst themselves who would be the rightful owner of the initiative/product/service. The Award’s management or any of its partners will not be involved in deciding the same
- Entries will be accepted in English language only
- In case a Participant fails to submit the proof of registration in the country, they may be disqualified from participation
- The Jury has the right to reclassify application forms from one category to another or reject and application form, at its discretion. This is not contestable in any manner.
Instructions for submitting the application form
Participants to follow the below instructions while filling the form:
- No hard copy will be accepted
- Form should be filled in English only
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the rules and regulations stated herein
- A participant can apply for the ‘Digital India Summit Awards 4.0’ by logging on to the website www.digitalindiasummit.co and submitting a complete application form along with the supporting documents directly on the website
- Last date for receiving completed application forms is 18:00 hrs. on December 1, 2017
- Receipt of application forms after last date specified may be permitted only at the discretion of the Awards Management
- Awards Management will not be responsible for application forms that are damaged / lost due to lack or lapse in any communication on account of internet failure
- All mandatory questions (symbolised by *) must be answered. Incomplete forms or forms with incomplete sections may not be considered
- Please maintain one copy of the completed form with you for your records
- Please provide supporting documents wherever possible, to support your entry details as mentioned in the form. Supporting documents have to be in the following formats only – pdf, doc, jpeg etc. Size of each document cannot exceed 2 MB.
- Agreed Declaration by the Authorized person of the organization is mandatory
- If you have any questions, or require any clarifications, please contact write to us on email@example.com
- Participation in the Awards in any manner will be construed as an acceptance to the Terms and conditions stated herein.
Mandatory Documents to be provided along with application form
- Project launch and completion date to be mentioned on company letter head
- Proof of registration in the country
- Financial statements for the years 2016 -17 and 2015 – 16
- Supporting documents such as system reports, data collected, survey, photos, videos, screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demo and other material can be submitted for each entry on a non-returnable basis.
Completeness of Entries/ Disqualification
- All mandatory fields of the application form needs to be complete in all respects; else it may be disqualified from participation.
- Entries will be accepted in English language only.
- Supporting documents such as photos, videos, screenshots, photographs, references, project plan, demo and other material can be submitted for each entry on a non-returnable basis.
- Disqualification of entries is at the sole discretion of the Jury, on a case to case basis.
- If at any time, during the Awards process or post the Awards, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be disqualified from the Awards, and the Awards Management will not be liable to return any materials to such disqualified entry;
- If, after the conclusion of the Awards ceremony, any information provided by any Participant is found to be incorrect in any manner, the Participant will be liable to return the Award and any monetary / non-monetary incentives provided as part of the Award;
- All entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility through checks as deemed appropriate by the Awards Management and complete compliance with these Rules and Regulations. Awards Management has the sole right to disqualify any entry if it is not in compliance with the Rules and Regulations herein specified or any further applicable laws, regulation/ or any policies that may be specified by the Awards Management.
- In case an Award is unclaimed by the winner due to any reason the same will result in forfeiture of the Award by such Winner and BCCL shall not entertain any claims in this regard thereafter.
- Award is not transferable or assignable and shall not be assigned to any other person. There is no cash substitution, cash redemption or cash value in lieu of the respective Award.
- BCCL gives no warranty and shall not be liable for the quality, warranty or replacement of the Award. All taxes, levies and charges relating to the Awards, if any will be borne by the Winners.
- Participants may be contacted for any additional information to verify the information provided. Such information sourced from the Participants will become part of the original application
- Awards Management has the right to ask for documentary proof of information. If such a request is made and the Participant does not comply within 3 working days from the date the request is made, the Participant may be disqualified from participation in the Awards
- Information provided by the Participant will be confidential and will be used only for the limited purpose of evaluating the Participant’s entry to these Awards
- Awards Management or team appointed by Awards Management will try to contact the Participant on best effort basis by any means deemed appropriate
- In the event it is not possible to contact any Participant to obtain information on them, interview them, etc. such Participant may be disqualified from further participation
- The participant hereby irrevocably authorizes the Awards Management to use the data gathered during and/or the Awards in respect of the participants. This shall be the property of BCCL and BCCL shall be entitled to use the same in its communications including marketing promotions and advertisements along with/without BCCL’s brand. Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any mishap, accident, injury or damages etc. of whatsoever nature, caused to the participants during the Awards. Further, Awards Management shall not be liable in any manner for any loss, damage, theft, or any other mishap caused during the Awards.
Validity and Correctness of Information
- If at any time, including after the conclusion of any of the Award ceremonies, any information provided by any Participant(s), is found to be incorrect in any manner, then the Participant will be liable to be disqualified and / or return the Award. Awards Management may also take penal action against the Participant for providing false information to participate in the Awards
- Determination of whether information provided as fair and accurate rests with the Jury and Awards Management.
Determination of the Winners
- The jury will score / rank the participants on predefined evaluation parameters, based on the application form / presentation submitted by them.
- There could be one or more winners in each award category, at the discretion of the Jury
- The determination of who should receive an award for any award category rests with the Jury
- The Jury’s decision is final and binding on all nominees
- Application Forms received will be collated under each award category for evaluation by Awards Management
- Determination of the Award category to which an application belongs is at the discretion of the Jury
- Awards Management reserves the right to make the final judgment in case of any ambiguity in Rules and Regulations / disputes over suitability
- Only CEO or heads of participant organization would be contacted in case Jury needs further information. Jury comprising eminent persons from related fields, for determination of winners. The cost of travel incurred by participants, if any, would need to be borne by the participant
- Participant agrees that the Participant is legally capable of entering and, if selected, participating in the Awards and agree to the Terms. Participant is competent (i.e. Participant are of legal age and mental capacity) and eligible to enter into this legally binding agreement on Participant.
- Participant understands and agrees that merely participating in this Awards does not entitle the Participant to a prize or to any other form of consideration
- Participant warrants and represents to the Awards Management that all information including any communications, software, photos, text, video, graphics, music, sounds, images and other material submitted or recorded in any manner by the Participant or the partners of Awards Management including Awards Management for consideration for the Awards are solely owned by the Awards Management and do not infringe upon any other individual or organizational rights (including, without limitation, intellectual property rights). Participant shall be completely responsible for handling any infringement or alleged infringement and shall indemnify BCCL, and the Awards Management from any claims, costs or damages from infringement or alleged infringement of the logo or trademark or the defense of a claim or any costs payable thereof.
- Participant must enter the Awards at their own will and the Awards Management are not in any way obligated or liable for any loss or costs that the Participant may suffer or incur and nothing is payable to the Participants for participating in the Awards or any event prior to or following the Awards.
- Participants for the purpose of entering the Awards, automatically grants BCCL a royalty-free, irrevocable, worldwide, non-transferable, non-exclusive right and license to use and display such entry, for participation in the Awards, and any intellectual property in relation to and arising out of such participation in the Awards and footage thereof, which shall include trade publications, press releases, electronic posting to the Website, the BCCL website in any display format selected by BCCL during the Awards or use by BCCL as it deems fit.
- The Awards Management reserves the right to, at its discretion, withdraw or amend or add to the T&C of the Awards at any time, with prospective or retrospective effect, and does not take responsibility for any loss or damage that any individual or organization may suffer as a result of participating or attempting to participate in the Awards, the Awards being withdrawn or its Terms amended.
- Should a Participant wish to withdraw from the Awards, kindly inform Awards management in writing at any time up to one week prior to the final awards ceremony
- All disputes relating to or arising out of the Awards shall be subject to the laws of India, and shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of competent jurisdiction at Mumbai, India
- The Participants indemnify BCCL, its employees, officers, contractors, partner or other persons used by them in relation to this Awards and hold them harmless against any loss, claim, demands, costs, damages, judgments, expenses or liability (including legal costs) arising out of or in connection with any or all claims, that may be brought against the Awards Management by any third party in connection with the Participants participation in or winning the Awards, which is inconsistent with any of the warranties and representations made by the Participants, or due to breach of these Terms and shall reimburse BCCL for any loss, costs, expense, or damage to which said indemnity applies. BCCL shall give the Participant prompt written notice of any claim or actions covered by this indemnity, and the Participant shall have the right, at its own expense, to participate in any such action.
- Decision of Awards Management on all matters is final and binding on all Participants and no correspondence will be entertained on the same.
- In the event these Terms and Conditions do not cover any question or complaint in relation to the Awards, the same will be concluded on by the Awards Management (for all other issues) or an independent body or legal team as appointed by the Awards Management and deemed necessary
- The Participant agrees to give full consent unconditionally for BCCL to share any information provided by the Participant with agencies working with them with regards to the program, its recording and broadcasting and related activities including agencies involved with BCCL
- The decision of BCCL in relation to the interpretation of any of these Terms shall be final and binding on the participants.
- If Participants are unclear as to the Terms or any element of the Awards or have any queries/concerns pertaining to the Awards, they can write in with their questions, concerns or queries to the following address:
BCCL shall endeavor to the best of its ability to respond thereto.
- The website is only an informational website for the Awards. BCCL or its subsidiaries or holding entities are not liable or responsible for any action or decision taken by Participant or anyone acting on Participant’s behalf or under Participant employment or under contract with Participant. BCCL shall not be under any obligation to Participant and Participant shall have no obligation or rights in relation to the Awards and shall have no claims whatsoever against the BCCL relating to the selection process or the running of the Awards
- BCCL shall not be responsible for:
- any delivery, failures relating to the registration or uploading videos/presentations;
- any SPAM generated messages as a result of Participant accessing the Website;
- Awards Management not receiving or rejecting any data;
- any lost, late or misdirected computer transmission or network, electronic failures of any kind or any failure to receive entries owing to transmission failures or due to any technical reasons and
- Other conditions/situations or failures beyond its control.
Awards Management has no obligation to screen the entry material in advance, and is not responsible for monitoring entries for the purpose of preventing violation of intellectual property ownership rights, or violations of any law, rule or regulation. If Awards Management is notified of submissions or materials that may not conform to the Terms, it may investigate the allegation and determine in good faith and in its sole discretion whether to eliminate such an entry from consideration. The Awards Management has no liability or responsibility to Participants or other users of the Website for performance or non-performance of such activities.